Up close, much seems insignificant, long over and done with, obvious, of limited interest. Anywhere else is much more exciting, in global spheres or at least in an urban centre. This is where we expect promising cultural developments, where we look for resistance, where we hope for change. But why not start here, locally, to dig in, stir up, take a new look at what is familiar and listen to what it has to say? Reorientate ourselves in the supposedly well-known, chafe at it, be able to love it or to question it, reflect on it or thematize it. Opening up opportunities to create - locally
- previously unknown imaginary or real locations, to reinterpret existing features or to give new meaning to everyday routines. TKI open 15
invites you to become active locally
– in the country, on the periphery, in the village or the district. The competition wants to encourage participants to unearth stories locally
and to let something new emerge from what is there or what is missing. It invites you to submit art and culture projects that pick up on themes locally
and treat then experimentally, critically, unexpectedly and with relish.
- Explicit engagement with the theme of the callRealisation of the project within the calendar year 2015
- Gender-sensitive, anti-racist and anti-sexist approach in the project concept and in the choice of participating artists and speakers
- The project should relate to the locality and be embedded in the region, with reference to Tyrol
The application documents must be in writing, in 7 copies, to be sent to the TKI office (and digital to office(at)tki.at
) and must include:
Who is eligible to apply (and who isn’t)
- detailed description of the project (max. 5 pages)
- short description of the project (max. 1,500 characters)
- Realistic cost and funding plan, desired amount of funding to be provided by TKI
- opentime schedule for implementing the project
- information on the submitters of the project (area of work, previous projects, contact details, bank details, etc.)
Application for funding is open to all cultural non-profit initiatives, working groups and individuals of the autonomous cultural scene as well as artists. Territorial authorities, commercial enterprises, party-political or religious organisations and commercial cultural event organisers are not eligible to apply.
Funding is available for cultural projects that engage explicitly with the theme of the call. Repeat projects (i.e. projects previously selected by TKI open) will not be considered. Only one project per applicant may be selected. Projects that already receive support from the cultural department of the federal state of Tyrol cannot obtain additional funding from TKI open.
TKI open 15 is endowed with 68,500 euros from the federal state of Tyrol. In principle, TKI open may fund the selected projects in full.Jury
An annually changing jury of experts from beyond the region decides on the projects to be funded and the amount of funding for each project in a meeting that is open to the public. A representative of the federal state of Tyrol participates in the meeting in an advisory capacity.
Support for applicants
- Deadline for submissions is 20 October 2014 (postmark).
- The public meeting of the jury will take place on 22 November 2014.
- On 1 October 2014, from 17:00 hours, TKI will provide information and advice for applicants and interested parties.
- To support the translation of project ideas into a professional project concept / funding application, TKI is holding a two-day workshop “Training camp. Art and culture funding” on 10/11 October 2014.
Submission of a project does not constitute a legal entitlement. The decision of the jury is final and cannot be contested. The application documents pass into the ownership of TKI. Following the jury’s decision, the cultural department of the federal state of Tyrol will implement the financial and formal legal aspects of the selected projects. Please refer to the funding regulations of the federal state of Tyrol, which apply to the TKI open call and to the regulations on “Eigenhonorare” (self-charged fees)!
Translation: Brigitte Scott