Over and out? Scrapped, archived – under F for feminism? Because who still needs it today? So emancipated and equal? F for false belief, back to square one. Feminism reloaded.
Resistance in action and words. Against tristesse: the necessary utopia, the dream of the ‘good life’. Not for the few, but for everyone. Not self-optimized, but self-determined. Not elbows, but solidarity. We dust it down and weave on. The pioneers are joined by successors, the leaders by artful survivors. Not of one voice, but of many. Not hidden, but daring. Feminism? Fuck, yeah! TKI open 16
encourages feminist reflexion, feeding new content into feminism, rewriting it, celebrating it. Taking it apart and letting new things evolve. The call invites you to submit contemporary artistic and cultural projects which approach feminism analytically, playfully or through queer thinking.
Text: Brigitte Theißl
- Explicit engagement with the theme of the call
- Realisation of the project within the calendar year 2016
- Gender-sensitive, anti-racist and anti-sexist approach in the project concept and in the choice of participating artists and speakers
- The project should relate to the locality and be embedded in the region, with reference to Tyrol
The application documents must be in writing, in 7 copies, to be sent to the TKI office (and digital to office(at)tki.at
) and must include:
Who is eligible to apply (and who isn’t)
- detailed description of the project (max. 5 pages)
- short description of the project (max. 1,500 characters)
- Realistic cost and funding plan, desired amount of funding to be provided by TKI
- opentime schedule for implementing the project
- information on the submitters of the project (area of work, previous projects, contact details, bank details, etc.)
Application for funding is open to all cultural non-profit initiatives, working groups and individuals of the autonomous cultural scene as well as artists. Territorial authorities, commercial enterprises, party-political or religious organisations and commercial cultural event organisers are not eligible to apply.
Funding is available for cultural projects that engage explicitly with the theme of the call. Repeat projects (i.e. projects previously selected by TKI open) will not be considered. Only one project per applicant may be selected. Projects that already receive support from the cultural department of the federal state of Tyrol cannot obtain additional funding from TKI open.
TKI open 16 is endowed with 68,500 euros from the federal state of Tyrol. In principle, TKI open may fund the selected projects in full.Jury
An annually changing jury of experts from beyond the region decides on the projects to be funded and the amount of funding for each project in a meeting that is open to the public. A representative of the federal state of Tyrol participates in the meeting in an advisory capacity.
Support for applicants
- Deadline for submissions is 12 October 2015 (postmark).
- The public meeting of the jury will take place on 14 November 2015.
- On 29 September 2015, from 17:00 hours, TKI will provide information and advice for applicants and interested parties.
- To support the translation of project ideas into a professional project concept / funding application, TKI is holding a two-day workshop “Training camp. Art and culture funding” on 2/3 October 2015.
Submission of a project does not constitute a legal entitlement. The decision of the jury is final and cannot be contested. The application documents pass into the ownership of TKI. Following the jury’s decision, the cultural department of the federal state of Tyrol will implement the financial and formal legal aspects of the selected projects. Please refer to the funding regulations of the federal state of Tyrol, which apply to the TKI open call and to the regulations on “Eigenhonorare” (self-charged fees)!
Translation: Brigitte Scott